To apply for Train Driver (above rail) positions, you’ll need:
1. A current locomotive drivers ticket.
2. Ability to pass minimum of Cat 1 Railway Medical.
3. Be an Australian Citizen or Resident with permission to work in Australia.
4. Demonstrated freight driving competence with locomotive brake experience.
5. Experience in shunting and basic train examination competencies.
6. Commitment to Safety.
Track Labourers/Track Machine Operators – (Below Rail) – on many projects clients regularly take on a percentage of green employees. The attributes they desire are being able to work in remote locations, physically fit and have strong safety culture. Railtrain through its RTO has the ability to deliver skills training for rail labourers aligned to National Standards to give them basic skills for the rail industry.
To apply for any Track Maintenance positions, you’ll need to have:
1. A current Medical covering the type of rail employment you are seeking.
2. Be able to work as part of a team or unsupervised if required.
3. Be the holder of a current Rail Accreditation Certificate.
Railtrain has formed strong relationships within the Rail Industry. We constantly have a large forward order book of work on major projects within the state. We are always looking for experienced Rail employees on long term projects. Working for Railtrain gives employees the flexibility and ability to work for multiple major clients offering various roles.
1. Railtrain now has an online application form. You will need to complete this form in full, attach your latest resume with relevant experience and simply click on the button on the bottom when completed.
2. Alternately, you can print the application form fill out and fax or mail back to the address specified on the application.
Our current location is:
Unit 5 / 87 President St
Welshpool, WA 6106
Railtrain has been approved by the Rail Authority to deliver accreditation training to allow all clients and employees to access/work on the rail reserve.
Railtrain has the ability to deliver Nationally Recognised Accredited Rail Training aligning to the National Standards.
Train Drivers/Train Examiners/Shunters (Above Rail) – to become a train driver you will need to go through a trainee program that will last a minimum of 18 months. Rail Operators such as ARG, Pacific National, BHPB and Rio Tinto offer these opportunities at different times. The preference is to always engage site local candidates for these positions. Another avenue is to gain some skills as a Train Examiner or Shunter as these are some of thecompetencies required to become a train driver. Railtrain regularly seeks expressions of interest from employees wanting to gain entrance as shunters or train examiners.