Apply Safety Critical Communications in the Rail Environment TLIF0008
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to apply effective safety critical communications in the rail environment.
This unit focuses on the application of safety critical communications in the rail environment. It provides learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively communicate in critical situations to ensure the safety and well-being of all personnel involved.
AN OVERVIEW OF this course
- Focuses on safety critical communications in the rail industry.
- Covers the importance of effective communication in critical situations.
- Teaches communication techniques, protocols, and standardised language specific to rail.
- Provides training on emergency communication procedures and reporting incidents.
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the unit TLIF0008 Apply Safety Critical Communications in the Rail Environment is given to all participants who successfully complete the theory and practical assessments.
The half day course will take place at the Railtrain training rooms and comprehensively cover the following topics.
Communication techniques and protocols
- Developing effective verbal communication skills and listening techniques.
- Using communication protocols and language specific to the rail industry.
Emergency communication procedures
- Understanding emergency response protocols.
- Reporting and documenting critical incidents accurately and comprehensively.
Team collaboration and coordination
- Collaborating effectively with others.
- Maintaining situational awareness and providing accurate information to relevant personnel.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
As part of the enrolment process you will be assessed to confirm you have the LLN skills required to work in the rail industry.
The Railtrain training rooms and track work training pad are at Unit 1, 58 Tarlton Crescent, Perth Airport. Workshops will be scheduled to meet participant demand. Course may be deferred if minimum numbers are not met.
The cost for the unit, including workshop theory and practical training, is $295 (GST Free), to be paid as part of enrolment.