Rio Tinto M3 – Lookout
This module outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Lookout including demonstrating the methods of warning personnel, keeping watch for rail vehicles, and actions required when conditions change. The Lookout is directed by the Protection Officer who will determine the lookout positioning, communication methods, locations of safe place(s), recognising unsafe situations and the implementation of suitable controls.
FACE TO FACE DELIVERY
Conducted at Railtrain’s training facility located at 1/58 Tarlton Crescent, Perth Airport, WA
For virtual M3 training sessions, please note the following requirements for learners:
- Email address
- Access to a PC/Laptop or Tablet with working camera and microphone
- Course ware will be emailed to reference during the course, learner to print or have accessible during course on their PC
- Dial in via WebEx – video link will be emailed to learner to join class in
- Assessments will be completed via Cloud Assess – once enrolled learners will get an email prompting log in to cloud assess, so will need those login details on the day of training.
M3 Course Information
|Course Duration||5 Hours|
|Course Price - Perth Face to Face||$345 + GST|
|Course Price - Online||$460 + GST|
|Course Price - Karratha||Private courses may be arranged up on site $460 + GST per person (Minimum of 4 attendees)
Client to provide
• Flights & accommodation
• training with a projector*
*Where possible Railtrain may be able to source a training room from Rio for clients if there is availability at no extra cost.
|Prerequisites||Participants must have an active SAP number and have completed the Rail Safety Awareness (RSA), Safeworking Module M1 and have a valid Cat 1 Rail Medical signed off by the Rio Tinto Chief Medical Officer|
|What is required for Online||- PC/Laptop with working Camera and microphone
|What to Bring||Photo ID|
|What to Wear||Full RTIO PPE - Yellow Hi vis long sleeve shirt, long pants, safety boots, glasses and gloves|