Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct is based on our four core values, illustrated below, forming the foundation of everything we do and guiding every decision we make. Our values are the behavioural standards we have set for ourselves.
S – Safety (commitment and responsibility)
E – Excellence (delivery and results)
A – Accountability (outcomes and performance)
L – Leadership (knowledge and experience)
Our Code of Conduct embraces our values and provides guidance on the principles, practices and standards of behaviour required from our people.The underlying principle of the Code is to promote ethical and responsible decision making. All Railtrain people must comply with the Code of Conduct. All breaches of the Code of Conduct and may result in disciplinary action.
The underlying principles of the Code of Conduct are:
- Railtrain’s employees will at all times strive to the utmost of their abilities to deliver quality services to meet our client’s needs.
- To enhance the reputation of Railtrain with shareholders and stakeholders through ethical and responsible actions.
- Railtrain’s employees will always present themselves in a fit and tidy condition for work and be fully equipped to perform their work safely and competently.
- Railtrain will conduct its business operations with full regard and compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws, by-lays, statutes and regulations.
- Railtrain’s clients will be treated with respect, courtesy and a caring attitude to their business requirements.
- Railtrain expects its employees to work in a supportive and cooperative manner and to avoid physical, verbal or any other form of harassment of fellow workers. All cases of harassment will be promptly resolved through counselling and conciliation processes.
- When working for clients, Railtrain employees will adhere to all local and legal safety requirements, work instructions and directives and will refrain from any actions or work which is irresponsible, negligent or unsafe.
- Railtrain will communicate the code of conduct to all its employees and managers.
Within these principles of the CODE OF CONDUCT, Railtrain has established separate STANDARDS OF CONDUCT with which it expects all employees to comply.
The Code of Conduct and the supporting Standards of Conduct have been approved by the Board of Directors and are reviewed annually.
Reporting Non Compliance
Please report any suspected or actual breach of the Code of Conduct to a supervisor or a member of management or the Company Secretary.